The GAF Mission
Our mission is to transform the culture of the urban family and its community through literacy, family enrichment activities, and wellness programs. We focus on four key areas of literacy that we refer to as the FACTs: financial, academic, cultural and technology. Grow a Future is a nonprofit, 501 (c)(3) organization serving urban families who need the support of the entire community to attain high levels of success.
We focus on character and leadership development, which strongly encourages the growth of youth through parental, caregiver and community support and involvement.
Key Areas of Focus
Grow a Future focuses on four key areas in order to bring success to urban communities.
The 4 Literacies — F.A.C.T.
- To serve urban youth and their families in the United States and abroad.
- To encourage excellence in education and character and to promote the successful achievement of personal goals.
- To teach financial literacy and asset development.
- To provide a network of family support.
- To lead collaborative efforts among non-profit organizations, businesses, government, religious organizations, parents, and family.
- To initiate non-sectarian activities that will serve persons regardless of race, sex, creed or religion.
- Be a bridge for other organizations – civic and religious.
- Be a trusted resource in the community.
- To forever maintain our strong commitment to the Judeo-Christian principles of humanitarian service upon which the Grow A Future was founded.
We Are Trauma-Informed
Grow a Future is a Trauma-Informed organization that enables youth to be active participants in their communities, not just passive observers.
Environment of Care
Providing access to a variety of community services; developing a sense of community; building relationships; education; safe environment; open discussion.
1-on-1 communication; individual focus; building rapport; positive, supportive interaction.
Diversity; professional; positive; active listening; exemplifying real world experience and life skills.